Agreement for an informal partnership of mutually supportive cooperation between Minnesota Homeschoolers' Alliance and Homeschool Adventures.
HSAdventures and MHA will share information with their individual members with the goal of providing a more cohesive, streamlined approach for homeschoolers to find both support and events. Cooperation and mutual support will strengthen both organizations as HSAdventures and MHA do not compete for members but rather serve the same constituency in different capacities.
HSAdventures has two primary missions: to provide a support structure for homeschoolers to organize group activities and to gather and share information on secular metro area offerings for homeschoolers. HSAdventures does not promote religions events or non-homeschool events. HSAdventures current focus is on events exclusively in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area, but HSAdventures would welcome expanding into other areas of the state if volunteer calendar editors were found.
[Insert MHA mission statement.]
- HSAdventures will help advertise and promote MHA events/activities, including but not limited to ...
- MHA Info Stations
- MHA Coffee Chats
- MHA Annual Conference
- MHA seminars (taxes, PESO, etc.)
- HSAdventures would work to ensure that all MHA events/activities are ...
- HSAdventures will promote MHA and its services on the HSAdventures Yahoo Group
- HSAdventures will include information about and a link to the MHA website and the MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group in the welcome letter sent to new members who join the HSAdventures Yahoo Group
- HSAdventures will include a link to the MHA website and the MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group along with a brief description about what MHA offers in the Monthly Reminder email sent to all members of the HSAdventures Yahoo Group.
- HSAdventures Yahoo Group moderators will, when appropriate, respond to questions from HSAdventures members about homeschooling with either a public or private reminder that MHA is there to help with just such questions and direct them to MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group for answers.
- HSAdventures will add a link to the MHA website to the HSAdventures Yahoo Group's home page
- HSAdventures will promote MHA and its services on the HSAdventures website.
- HSAdventures will place a promotional button linked to the MHA website and accompanied by a brief (350 characters) statement describing MHA on the HSAdventures homepage
- HSAdventures will list MHA under Statewide Organizations with a brief (350 characters) statement describing MHA and a link to both MHA's homeschool group information page and the MHA website.
- HSAdventures will link to the the MHA website whenever a "Compulsory Instruction Report" or homeschool membership card is referenced, such as
- Homeschool Discounts
- Homeschool Reporting Form Due (this a Calendar event that repeats annually)
- Site pages, such as the Science Museum of Minnesota
- Event pages, such as Homeschool Week at Sea Life Minnesota
- HSAdventures will list MHA in the following directories:
- HSAdventures reserves the right to produce HSAdventures membership cards at any point in the future, should it choose to do so.
- HSAdventures will continue to also directs members to ECHO-MN for membership cards.
- MHA will promote HSAdventures and its services on the MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group
- MHA will include information about and a link to the HSAdventures Yahoo Group and the HSAdventures website in the welcome letter sent to new members who join the MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group.
- MHA will include a link to HSAdventures Calendar along with a brief description about what the calendar offers in the Events & Opportunities emails sent to all members of the MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group.
- MHA may choose to direct metro area sites offering secular homeschool field trips, classes or other homeschool events to also contact HSAdventures at events [at] hsadventures [dot] org.
- MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group moderators will, when appropriate, respond to questions from MHA members about homeschool events and/or about organizing homeschool field trips in the Twin Cities Metro area with either a public or private reminder that HSAdventures is there to help with just such information and direct them to HSAdventures Yahoo Group or HSA website.
- MHA will add a link to HSAdventures to the MinnesotaHomeschoolersAlliance Yahoo Group home page
- MHA will promote HSAdventures and its services on the homeschoolers.org website.
- MHA will place a button or banner on the homeschoolers.org homepage linking to the HSAdventures website with wording to the effect, “For secular homeschool events and opportunities in the metropolitan area, please click here.” (Until HSA actually gets a volunteer willing and able to enter non-metro events, it’s probably best not to tease non-metro residents with the suggestion that there might be any non-metro events listed just because there’s been one or two listed in the past.)
- MHA will link to HSAdventures Homeschool Groups www.HSAdventures.org/homeschool-groups at Find Local Support www.homeschoolers.org/find-local-support/ (HSAdventures Homeschool Groups is a statewide listing but is limited to groups that are currently seeking new members. MHA currently provides a support group directory in print form to MHA members, but is considering phasing this out. MHA has the option of sharing their homeschool group information with HSAdventures, but details on how this would be done would need to be determined.)
- MHA will link to HSAdventures Homeschool Testing www.HSAdventures.org/homeschool-testing under FAQ: Do I need to test my children? If so, how is that done? www.homeschoolers.org/faqs/
- MHA will link to HSAdventures Calendar www.HSAdventures.org/calendar at www.homeschoolers.org/events-and-opportunities/
- MHA will link to HSAdventures Homeschool Discounts www.HSAdventures.org/homeschool- discounts at www.homeschoolers.org/member-discounts/
- Both HSAdventures and MHA affirm that neither organization expects, wishes or seeks to be the exclusive handler of information about homeschooling in Minnesota. Both HSAdventures and MHA affirm that both organizations may continue to collect and share information about homeschooling with their members as they fit.
- Both HSAdventures and MHA affirm a general interest in cooperation and mutual support with all inclusive, secular homeschool groups in Minnesota, in particular ECHO-MN.