Description: 8th Annual Homeschool Prom hosted by Joe and Cindy Westrup for the homeschooling community!
Before we all go home for the summer, let’s get together for an elegant evening of dining, dancing, good fun and cherished memories with friends!©
The evening begins early and includes time for taking pictures at Dellwood Country Club and on the golf course. Then for Prom attendees will enjoy a fine dinner and dancing to the sounds of a professional DJ.
Schedule of events:
3pm–4:30pm — Families and friends can take pictures at Dellwood Country Club
4pm–5pm — Checking In and Seating for Dinner
5:30pm–7:30pm — Formal Dinner Buffet
8pm–midnight — Dance with Crystal Entertainment DJ
The Evening of Prom:
- Attendees are welcome to arrive any time after 3pm. Check-in is required by 5pm.
- Photos: Friends and families may take photos outside and inside Dellwood Country Club from 3pm–4:30pm. Prom attendees may take photos all night long. There may be a professional photographer available for hire to take individual and group photos. However, advanced reservations are required for time with the professional photographer due to the short window of opportunity outside. The photographer may be able to take reservations for pictures in the Ballroom as well. Photographer, costs, and package information will be included with your Prom Confirmation email.
- Everyone not Pre-Registered for the Prom, including parents and guardians, must leave Dellwood Country Club by 4:30pm Dellwood does not have an area for parents or family members to wait during the Prom. It is a private club; club facilities are for member use only. It is a privilege to be able to host this Prom at the country club, and everyone must follow their rules.
- Only Pre-Registered Teens and Pre-Approved Chaperones will be allowed past the Security Check-In Area after 4:30pm. No exceptions. Every effort is made to provide the most secure event possible for all teens in attendance. Parents who require contact with their teen can request their teen at the Security Check-In Area, and the teen will be summoned from the Ballroom. No Exceptions.
- Dinner/Seating: Prom attendees will have formal, assigned seating at dinner to ensure friends/dates traveling together are able to be seated at the same table. Attendees are encouraged to submit seating requests at the time of the Prom Registration. The Prom Committee will make every effort to seat friends together. But remember, dinner is only part of the whole evening.
There will not be a Grand March.
Target age range: for homeschooled (and PSEO) teens and their guests ages 14 and up. Open to all homeschoolers and their friends. Exceptions may apply. Couples or dates are not required.
Cost: $53/person if registered by Wednesday, April 19, 2017
$63/person if registered between Thursday, April 20 and the Friday, April 28 Deadline
The entry fee includes use of the golf course and gardens for photos (please be respectful of the golfers), ballroom, dinner, DJ, dance, punch, ice water, coffee, door prizes, Coat/Purse/Backpack/Bag Check, and some security. There is no reduced pricing available for teens who choose not to partake in any portion of the evening.
- Fees are nonrefundable.
- The “Neverland” 2017 Homeschool Prom Committee reserves the right to refuse to accept the Registration of any person without a reason given. In the event this happens, the registration fee will be returned.
Registration: Space is limited! To register, please download, read and print the Registration Information (PDF), including the Code of Conduct/Dress Code, Plans for the Evening of Prom, and Registration requirements. Fill out the required information on page 4 of the Registration Agreement, sign by both teen and a parent/guardian, and mail as instructed.
Only teens pre-registered and paid will be allowed to attend the “A Party at Gatsby’s” Prom. No walk-ins. No exceptions.
All registrations must be received by Fri, Apr 28, though there is a discounted price for registering by Wed, Apr 19.
Registration Confirmation emails will be sent during the third week of April.
The entry fee includes use of the golf course and gardens for photos (please be respectful of the golfers), ballroom, fine dinner, DJ, dance, door prizes, dessert, pop, ice water, coffee, Coat/Purse/Backpack/Bag Check, and some security. There is no reduced pricing available for teens who choose not to partake in any portion of the evening.
Registration Agreement: Must include:
- Parent/guardian phone number/emergency contact number for the night of the Prom.
- Teen’s contact information.
- List of friends invited with the approval of parents. Friends must also submit their own Registrations. Prom Committee will follow up with friends to ensure registration.
- Signatures of teen and parent/guardian agreeing to the prom conduct and dress code.
- Fee must be paid for teen to be placed on the guest list.
- Homeschooled teens and their guests 18 and over still need to provide parent/guardian: Signatures, Approval of Guests, and Emergency Contact Information for the night of the Prom. Homeschooled teens are still considered students under parental purview.
Music: The “Neverland” 2017 Homeschool Prom attendees may request songs for the dance at the time of Registration and payment. Requests will not be accepted on the night of the Prom.
For more information, Contact Cindy at Lu(at)usfamily.net or 612-845-1816. Parents interested in assisting as a chaperone and/or donating a door prize should contact Cindy as well.
Not affiliated with any homeschool group or co-op.
“Neverland” 2017 Homeschool Prom is provided by Joe & Cindy Westrup for the homeschooling community. All rights reserved.©