Bring a student group to experience the SPCO for FREE!
- With 14 venues throughout the Twin Cities, SPCO is sure to be near you.
- The SPCO has regular performances on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings, Friday mornings and Sunday afternoons.
- Tickets for adult chaperones range from $10–$50 per ticket, with over 50% of tickets available for $12 or less.
SPCO concerts are an enriching experience and a fun night out for a group of young listeners.
Groups of 15 or more students/children are invited to take advantage of benefits including:
- Free tickets for ages 6–17
- Free tickets for anyone with a valid student ID, regardless of age
- Tickets for adult chaperones start at just $10
- Waived service fees for adult tickets (save $3/ticket)
- Personalized planning assistance with concert selection and seating
- Free bus and car parking at select venues
- Access to free education materials for select performances, including program notes and musical examples found in the SPCO Listening Library
Don’t miss your chance to bring your group to hear The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra this season! Check out SPCO's full season schedule with concert and venue information.
For more information, concert recommendations or to order tickets, contact McAlister Grant at 651-292-4345 or email SPCO at groupsales(at)spcomail.org. SPCO look forward to helping you plan a memorable concert experience in the 2016.17 season!
How to Order
Select your concert
Choose from more than 100 concerts at 14 different venues throughout the Twin Cities. Browse SPCO's concert calendar to find a concert that works for your group, or start by looking at SPCO's recommended concerts.
Make your reservation
Call McAlister Grant at 651-292-4345 or email at groupsales(at)spcomail.org to reserve tickets for your group of 15 or more. An invoice for any paid tickets will be mailed upon receipt of your order. Please note: Ordering tickets online will not automatically waive service fees for orders of 15+ tickets. This and other group sales benefits are only available via phone or email.
Pay for your chaperone tickets
Full payment is due 30 days prior to the performance. If payment is not received by this time, tickets will be released for public sale. After payment is made, tickets will be mailed. No refunds are available. If you cannot attend your performance, SPCO will gladly exchange your group into another concert (subject to availability). You can also turn back any paid tickets as a tax-deductible donation to the SPCO.
With more than 100 concerts offered each season, choosing a program can be a challenge. Below are a few ideas to help get you started. For more information, additional recommendations or to order tickets, contact McAlister Grant at 651-292-4345 or email SPCO at groupsales(at)spcomail.org.
At open rehearsals, students get a chance to see behind-the-scenes as SPCO musicians work together and collectively make decisions that influence how a piece sounds. SPCO Open Rehearsals are always the last full rehearsal right before a concert, so students hear the process of working together as well as the result of any final tweaks the orchestra might make. These are working rehearsals for SPCO's musicians, and often include run-throughs of full pieces and appearances by soloists or guest artists.
SPCO recommend open rehearsals for ages 12 and up, particularly for students with an interest in music.
- Schubert's Fifth Symphony — Friday | Oct 21 | 10:00am
- Martin Fröst Plays Copland and Brahms — Friday | Feb 10 | 10:00am
- Pergolesi's Stabat Mater — Thursday | Apr 13 | 1:30pm
- Season Finale: Beethoven's Seventh Symphony — Thursday | Jun 8 | 10:00am
These concerts showcase the artistry and passion of some of SPCO's renowned Artistic Partners, who bring their expertise and passion for chamber orchestra repertoire to the stage.
- Pekka Kuusisto: Time Machine — Friday | Jan 6 | 11:00am
Featuring violinist Pekka Kuusisto
- Martin Fröst Plays Copland and Brahms — Friday | Feb 10 | 10:00am — OPEN REHEARSAL
Featuring clarinetist Martin Fröst
- Season Finale: Beethoven's Seventh Symphony — Thursday | June 8 | 10:00am — OPEN REHEARSAL
Featuring conductor Thomas Zehetmair
These concerts highlight some of the greatest symphonic works ever written.
- Schubert’s Fifth Symphony — Friday | Oct 21 | 10:00am — OPEN REHEARSAL
- Mendelssohn’s Italian Symphony — Friday | Apr 21 | 11:00am
These concerts at the Ordway feature some of the most beloved works written for piano, performed by some of the greatest pianists of SPCO's time.
- Beethoven/5: Jonathan Biss Plays Beethoven’s First Piano Concerto — Friday | Jan 20 | 11:00am
- Jeremy Denk Plays Beethoven’s Fourth Piano Concerto — Friday | Mar 24 | 11:00am
Please note: Ordering tickets online will not automatically waive service fees for orders of 15+ tickets. This and other group sales benefits are only available via phone or email.